Sunday, September 7, 2008

Runway: Lacoste

My first runway show experience went by so quickly. All the chaos and pushy photographers and mass of people scrambling to get into The Tent before the show somehow calms down to 20 minutes of silent appreciation for fashion.

Lacoste opened up with an effortless and chic "South of France" look. I saw a lot of different shades of brown and off-whites.Very summery and breezy. Gladiator sandals were kind of toned down to look more "Greek-goddess inspired," according to designer Christophe Lemaire. The hair for the first scene was loosely pulled back behind a twisted head scarf into a bouncy ponytail. I didn't have quite the close-up view for the make-up, but from what I could tell it was natural and fresh to complement Lacoste's sporty style and some of the models had berry stained lips. Lemaire called the second theme "the Sunset Group." It was definitely more upbeat with bright orange, melon, yellow hues. In the third theme, he shows tweaked logos of your traditional gator--"the new one has the crocodile leading the letters and punctuated in between with a red exclamation point."






It was hard not to be overly excited about being able to attend the event. I strolled down the names reserved to sit in the front-row and it gave me a little push to think that with continued determination, I can be one of those magazine editors sitting in the front! And then I'd be able to take pictures of the finale without the audience's heads in them...


No comments: