Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Runway: BCBG Max Azria

Today the beauty editor surprised me with an invitation to attend BCBG's Max Azria fashion show. I wasn't really dressed in my best nor did I have my digi cam on me (I know, shocker!), but I was totally thrilled to go. It was a different collection than what they did last week for sure. The clothes were really simple with very delicate fabrics, like silk, and feminine colors--light almond, mauve, light blues (but not like a sky blue... like a gray-ish blue). The clothes also had a lot of surprises like backless jumpers (?!), really low necklines, a loose-fitting one-shoulder top revealing a bare arm.

A lot of people were there tonight. Including Natasha Bedingfield, who is very pretty in person! There were a couple more celebrities in the front row, but I got shooed off the aisle trying to take a peek. :( There were people standing all around the perimeter of the tent, in the VIP lounge, and even people sitting on the runway itself to create and extra 2 rows of front seats. Those who stand outside of the tent seem to get the best view if they're celebrity sighting though... Maybe I should try that next time-- I'm a newbie to this and all about encounters with celebrities in person! I've stared at one-dimensional faces in the magazines for far too long...

Update: Apparently I saw Michelle Trachtenberg (second from left in first pic) at Max Azria too! I actually was standing right next to her for a couple of minutes, but I didn't recognize her in person... I think she was looking more pale than usual. Girl could use a little face bronzer. And I was sitting a few rows behind Nastia Liukin--Olympic gold medal gymnast who was sitting with Ryan Lochte--the American Olympic swimmer! I'm a BIG FAN. So that's hot.

Front Row at BCBG Max Azria Spring 2009 / Max Azria with actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler
(Photos from Zimbio)

No comments: