Sunday, May 23, 2010

5th Grade Anthology



The past couple of months remodeling our house has forced my family to finally get to every nook and cranny and corner of this house and throw out the things that have been ignored for years (hello 7 year old can of corn in the back our cabinet--seriously!). I joke with my sister that we should be on that A&E show, "Hoarders" because we literally keep everything forever. I've been digging in my closet and I think I have every single school notebook, note I passed to my friends, book report, drawing, scribble since I was 5 years old haha. Who needs the Geometry homework that I got a check + in??

Anyway, I came across my 5th grade Anthology which is a book of haikus (we spent the year learning how to write them) and two-liners about whatever we wanted to talk about... from God (I went to Catholic elementary school) to our future to our favorite dessert. Here are 2 of my masterpieces:

If I could walk on the moon,
I'll bring some ice cream and a spoon.
If I could walk on the moon,
I wold sing a little tune,
If I could walk on the moon,
I'll sleep there until noon.

By: Christa Lee

My Haiku--

My prayer talk to God
He always listens to me
Whenever I need him.

By: Christa Lee

I always knew I was a writer in the works!!

No comments: