Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thinking...

...Heavily about my next career move as usual. I'm sad that I'm being forced to leave InStyle soon (some weird policy about temps...) and I wish I didn't have to go. Or better yet, I wish there was an opening that I could squeeze myself in as a permanent staffer! But that seems to be only wishing thinking with the way the economy is (blah blah blah) :( My friends who are still in school often ask me how I like the industry and my thoughts about magazine publishing. It's funny for them to think that I'm some sort of "expert" on this career path, but truth be told, I'm definitely only just beginning and have a lot to learn. Being integrated into the monthly team after Weddings folded has been a boot camp for me. It went from having to help out one beauty editor to 5! Therefore there have been one or two days at work where I just wanted to break down and let my tears fall all over my "To-Do" list, but in the end, I'm extremely grateful to have had this experience and to have nabbed it so close after graduation. And I'm more than satisfied with all the beauty perks that come along obviously!

However, much to my dismay, I've been forced to expand my job search past beauty and past magazines because prospects have been pretty bleak. But I can't help but keep on trying! Wish me luck. :)

No comments: